Five Local Places To Beat the Heat
Air conditioning not kicking out enough cold air? Or just trying to save money?
Here's a list of five great places to go to beat the summer heat wave:
1. Palmer Park Mall. 123 Palmer Street, Palmer Township.
There's always free air conditioning available. Plus, there's plenty of stores to roam around in and window shop and places to grab a bite to eat. Or you could just hang out on a bench and watch the people as they walk by.
2. Palmer Memorial Library. 1 Weller Place, Palmer Township.
There's free Wi-Fi, great lounging chairs and plenty to read.
3. Charles Chrin Community Center. 4100 Green Pond Road, Palmer Township.
The community center is always a great place to hang out. There's tons of classes to take and always a cool atmosphere.
4. Penn Pump Park. Northwood Avenue and Bushkill Drive, Palmer Township.
It's always cool around the water and since the park abuts Bushkill Creek, the weather's perfect. Plus, there's plenty of shade from the trees.
5. Forks Township Community Center. 500 Zucksville Road, Forks Township.
Like the Chrin center, the community center is always a great place to hang out. And like the Chrin center, there's tons of classes to take and always a cool atmosphere.
Don't forget to wear light-colored, lightweight clothing, drink plenty of water and keep an eye out for the elderly, animals, small children and those with asthma.