Five Things to Know for July 30-Aug. 4
Phillies could be making trades in next few days while a traffic light that has taken years may be turned on this week.
August is just days away...
And that means that summer is slowly coming to an end. So get some fun in the sun and enjoy the outdoors before you start seeing all those school buses driving around the neighborhood.
So here is the latest addition of Five Things to Know, showcasing what's to come during the last two days of July and first few days of August.
Our weekly feature every Monday takes a look at what's ahead of us for the week. Now that the weekend is in our rear-view mirror, we can get ready for news and information that might make your week a little lighter and brighter.
1. Major League Baseball's trading deadline is Tuesday. And with the year the Philadelphia Phillies have had, you may be saying goodbye to Shane Victorino, Juan Pierre, Joe Blanton and maybe even Hunter Pence and Cliff Lee. It will be interesting to see who the team trades away as it gets set to retool for next year.
2. The Philadelphia Eagles will hold a full week of training camp at Lehigh University starting Monday. Veterans reported to camp last Wednesday. The team will prepare for its preseason schedule of four games.
3. The Forks Township Board of Supervisors meeting scheduled for Thursday has been canceled due to vacations and a light agenda of issues. The supervisors will resume with their next meeting on Thursday, Aug. 16.
4. The Palmer Township Library will hold a Young Adult Bookfest at the library on Saturday. Numerous authors are expected to participate.
5. And the light may be on this week. Drive down Sullivan Trail to see if the new traffic light at the intersection of Meco Road is on. Forks Township officials said the project should be completed by the end of July.