Five Things to Know for Sept.10-16
A Forks Township police officer is singing at a Philadelphia Phillies game Tuesday while Community Days kicks off in Forks Township this weekend.
It's a big week for Forks Township.
The township will hold its annual Community Days this weekend and a Forks Township police officer will sing at a Philadelphia Phillies game on Tuesday.
This is also a big week in the history of our country. Sept. 11 marks the 11th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on America. Pay your respects that day to those Americans who lost their lives in the terrible tragedy.
Here is the latest addition of Five Things to Know, showcasing what's to come during the second week of September.
Our weekly feature every Monday takes a look at what's ahead of us for the week. Now that the weekend is in our rear-view mirror, we can get ready for news and information that might make your week a little lighter and brighter.
1. The Palmer Township Board of Supervisors has cancelled its meeting for Monday. The next meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Sept. 25 in the conference room of the Palmer library. To see the agenda, visit the township's website.
2. Palmer Township is holding a golf outing Monday with proceeds from the annual BIP fundraiser going to support pavilion at Miracle League Field at Chrin Community Center. The Business, Industrial and Professional Association event takes place at the Riverview Country Club in Forks Township.
3. The Business and Commerce Association of Forks Township will hold its annual membership meeting on Tuesday at DeLorenzo's on Sullivan Trail at noon Tuesday. Karl Miller will give a presentation on the township's history.
4. Forks Township Police Officer Brooks Kranich will sing a patriotic song at the Philadelphia Phillies game on Tuesday to commemorate the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on America.
5. Forks Township Community Days kicks off Saturday to start two days of food, fun, fireworks and other festivities focusing on the community. Click here for more information about the event.