Five Things to Know for Sept.17-23
Forks Township Supervisors are expected to decide the fate of the 'Cottage in the Woods' at meeting Thursday.
It's decision time.
The controversial Zucksville Road property has been a hot topic for the past few months in terms of whether it should be refurbished at a cost possibly reaching $70,000 or torn down.
Here is the latest addition of Five Things to Know, showcasing what's to come during the third week of September.
Our weekly feature every Monday takes a look at what's ahead of us for this week. Now that the weekend is in our rear-view mirror, we can get ready for news and information that might make your week a little lighter and brighter.
1. GymtiME, a new business in the Park Plaza at Sullivan Trail, is expected to start classes Monday. A grand opening will be held later in the month.
2. The Easton Area School Board meets Tuesday at its offices off Bushkill Drive. The school district may rule on a hearing regarding displaced teachers.
3. The Forks Township Board of Supervisors holds its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday. A decision on the "Cottage in the Woods" is expected to be on the agenda.
4. The Forks Township Kiwanis Club meets Thursday at Merchants Bank off Sullivan Trail. The meetings, which take place the first and third Thursday of each month, begin at 7:30 a.m.
5. State Rep. Joe Emrick will hold his annual Senior Citizens Health Expo at the Forks Township Community Center from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday. The expo is free.