The Forks Parks and Recreation Department plans to make good use of the amphitheater this summer with it "first annual" Sounds of Summer concert series. With its sponsor, Merchants Bank, the new venue will host concerts already scheduled.
The Township, in its first annual Movies in the Park season, will also use the amphitheater to show four family movies during the summer. Here are the schedules:
Sounds of Summer
Wednesdays, 6:30 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. at Forks Township Amphitheater, Community Park. Free Admission! Rain Dates: Thursday following the show date
- June 27: She Said Sunday, Rock and Roll Covers
- July 11: Desire, Oldies/Doo Wop
- July 25: Jordan White, Alternative
- August 15: James Supra Band, Blues
- August 22: Alias, Classic Rock
Movies in the Park
Fridays beginning at dusk at the Forks Township Amphitheater, Community Park. Free Admission! Rain Dates: Saturday following the show date.
- July 6: The Adventures of TinTin (PG)
- July 27: The Muppets (PG)
- August 10: The Smurfs (PG)
- August 24: Kung Fu Panda 2: The Kaboom of Doom (PG)