Get Free Mulch in Palmer Township
Mulch generated in Palmer Township from Hurricane Sandy is available to residents for free.
Palmer Township has found one benefit from Hurricane Sandy: Free mulch.
In a memo this week, Public Services Director Tom Adams states that due to a huge stockpile of mulch material generated from the tub grinding of trees damaged by Hurricane Sandy, that the township will provide free mulch loading.
The loading will take place at the Berks Street Yard Waste Facility from noon to 4 p.m. on:
- Saturday/Sunday — April 6, 7
- Saturday/Sunday — April 13, 14
- Saturday/Sunday — April 20, 21
- Saturday/Sunday — April 27, 28
- Saturday/Sunday — May 4, 5
- Saturday/Sunday — May 11, 12
- Saturday/Sunday — May 18, 19
- Saturday/Sunday — May 25, 26
- Saturday — June 1*
- Saturday — July 6*
- Saturday — August 3*
- Saturday — September 7*
*The free mulch loading will continue as long as supplies last.
Township officials say that in cases of inclement weather or soggy ground conditions that free loading may be cancelled on certain days.