What's Open/Closed for Veterans Day
Most retailers are open to observe Veterans Day Monday. The same goes for the Easton Area School District.
It's the observed holiday to honor all of our military veterans who gave their service to protect our country and preserve our freedom.
While Veterans Day was Sunday, most places will observe it Monday.
Some places in Forks and Palmer townships will be open Monday for the Veterans Day holiday.
But if you want to mail a letter, cash a check or take out the trash, you're going to have to wait a day until Tuesday.
- Schools in The Easton Area School District will hold classes.
- The Palmer Park Mall will be open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Most supermarkets, like the Giant and Weis Markets, will be open along with numerous retail outlets like CVS and Walgreens in Forks Township and fast-food businesses in Palmer and Forks townships.
- Forks Township government offices.
- Palmer Township government offices.
- The Palmer Township Board of Supervisors will meet Tuesday instead of Monday.
- Trash and recycling pickup will be on a holiday schedule, meaning that pickup will be a day later if on the holiday; otherwise on a regular schedule.
- The Palmer Township Library.
- Most banks.
- Ace Hardware in Forks Township will be open, but its post office will be closed.
- Northampton County offices.
- The District Justice court of Judge Jacqueline Taschner.
- The PennDOT Photo License Center on Route 248.