What's Open/Closed on Fourth of July
Most stores will be open, but banks and government offices are closed for Fourth of July holiday.
If you want to go shopping, get suntan lotion for the pool or grab some grub for a barbecue, some places in Forks and Palmer townships will be open on Wednesday for the Fourth of July holiday.
But if you want to mail a letter, cash a check or take out the trash, you're going to have to wait a day until Thursday.
Wednesday's Fourth of July holiday sees summer heating up as the Lehigh Valley celebrates Independence Day with parades and picnics, family get-togethers and fireworks.
- The Palmer Community Pool will be open with hours from 12:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., weather permitting.
- The Palmer Park Mall will have special holiday hours from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Bon-Ton will open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. while Boscov's will open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Most supermarkets, like the Giant and Weis Markets, will be open along with numerous retail outlets like CVS and Walgreens in Forks Township and fast-food businesses in Palmer and Forks townships.
Here's a list of some places that are closed for the Fourth of July holiday Wednesday:
- Forks Township government offices.
- Palmer Township government offices.
- Trash and recycling pickup will be on a holiday schedule, meaning that pickup will be a day later if on the holiday; otherwise on a regular schedule.
- The Palmer Township Library.
- Most banks.
- Ace Hardware in Forks Township will be open, but its post office will be closed.
- Northampton County offices.
- The District Justice court of Judge Jacqueline Taschner.
- The PennDOT Photo License Center on Route 248.