What's Open/Closed on Presidents Day
Monday is a federal holiday to pay tribute to George Washington and Abraham Lincoln and all of our great presidents.
You gotta love Abe these days.
With the move "Lincoln" so successful, with all of its Academy Award nominations, President Abraham Lincoln is all the talk. That's why we honor him with Presidents Day Monday.
But don't forget about George. After all, George Washington was our first president and the hero of the Revolutionary War.
Not everyone gets the day off Monday to ponder these great presidents. Some government offices are closed, including post office locations in Palmer and Forks townships.
Easton Area School District Students also have the day off.
- Palmer Township government offices.
- The Palmer Park Mall will operate under normal business hours.
- Most supermarkets, like the Giant and Weis Markets, will be open along with numerous retail outlets like CVS and Walgreens in Forks Township and fast-food businesses in Palmer and Forks townships.
- The District Justice court of Judge Jacqueline Taschner. (The judge is on duty for the weekend/holiday.)
- Forks Township government offices.
- Trash and recycling pickup will be on a holiday schedule, meaning that pickup will be a day later if on the holiday; otherwise on a regular schedule.
- The Easton Area School District is closed. Schools resume Tuesday.
- Ace Hardware in Forks Township will be open, but its post office will be closed.
- Northampton County offices.
- The PennDOT Photo License Center on Route 248.