Barbara Parr of Forks Township won't be a millionaire.
But the certified infant massage instructor did win $1,000 on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire."
Parr appeared on the popular TV game show hosted by Meredith Vieira on Monday, making it to her eighth question, but not providing the correct answer.
She left the show with $1,000 in winnings, according to a press release from the TV show. Parr bypassed the option of walking away from the game and not guessing an answer to the eighth question, which would have enabled her to take home half of her Millionaire Bank.
Here is how Parr fared on the questions:
- Question #1: Category, 'Paparazzi Pics' Claire Danes, Jessica Alba and others are shown taking NYC public transportation in an Us Weekly photo series called “Stars on the” what? A: Cable Car B: Steamboat C: Subway D: Streetcar Lifelines Used: none Correct Answer: C $ Value of Question: $25,000 Accumulated Millionaire Bank: $25,000
- Question #2: Category, 'Title Change' If one replaced the sandwich's name with two of its key ingredients, what might be an alternate title for “The Count of Monte Cristo”? A: The Count of Bacon & Eggs B: The Count of Corned Beef & Rye C: The Count of Beef & Onions D: The Count of Ham & Cheese Lifelines Used: “Ask The Audience” (A=1% B=27% C=5% D=67%) Correct Answer: D $ Value of Question: $5,000 Accumulated Millionaire Bank: $30,000
- Question #3: Category, 'Sound alike' Though his name sounds like that of a popular late-night television host, who was the scientist who developed the first fully implantable artificial heart? A: Jimmy Kimull B: Jay Lennoh C: Conan O'Brion D: David Lederman Lifelines Used: none Correct Answer: D $ Value of Question: $10,000 Accumulated Millionaire Bank: $40,000
- Question #4: Category, 'Animated Songs' In Justin Bieber's hit song “Boyfriend,” he tells a lucky girl, “I could be your” what, “fly across the globe”? A: Homer Simpson B: SpongeBob Squarepants C: Darth Vader D: Buzz Lightyear Lifelines Used: none Correct Answer: D $ Value of Question: $100 Accumulated Millionaire Bank: $40,100
- Question #5: Category, 'The Car of a People' What American car was manufactured in Argentina until 1991, where it was considered as much a cultural icon there as “beef, Tango and football”? A: Ford Falcon B: AMC Pacer C: Dodge Charger D: Chevy Citation FYI: Ford Falcons were used by Argentina's notorious Anti-Communist Alliance Lifelines Used: “Jump The Question” #1 (Barbara was able to jump over the question but also had to forfeit the money attached to the question) Correct Answer: A $ Value of Question: $15,000 Accumulated Millionaire Bank: $40,100
- Question #6: Category, 'Optical Afflictions' Perhaps explaining his mastery at a genre he helped create, what painter once wrote, “My poor eyesight makes me see everything in a complete fog”? A: Monet B: Dalí C: Pollock D: Picasso Lifelines Used: none Correct Answer: A $ Value of Question: $7,000 Accumulated Millionaire Bank: $47,100
- Question #7: Category, 'Fish Tales' A type of fish found in the Red Sea that was supposedly split when the sea was parted in Biblical times is known as what? A: David halibut B: Moses sole C: Jesus flounder D: Noah fluke Lifelines Used: “Jump The Question” #2 Correct Answer: B $ Value of Question: $2,000 Accumulated Millionaire Bank: $47,100
- Question #8: Category, 'Famous Trips' While Paul Revere was sent on his famous “midnight ride” to warn Samuel Adams and John Hancock, what ultimately ended his ride? A: Rain flooded the roads B: The British captured him C: His horse broke a leg D: He lost his voice Barbara guessed the answer to be “C,” but unfortunately, the correct answer was “B.”
Parr, 60, said that if she won big on "Millionaire," she would start an early childhood center for infants and families. She is married to her husband Jack and has three children and a 2-year-old granddaughter.