It's a day to rest or go shopping. It's a day to honor a heritage and it's a day to pay tribute to the man who discovered America.
Enjoy your Columbus Day if you have it off Monday.
Some places in Forks and Palmer townships will be open Monday for the holiday.
But if you want to mail a letter, cash a check or take out the trash, you're going to have to wait a day until Tuesday.
The Palmer Township Board of Supervisors will hold its regularly scheduled meeting at 7 p.m. Monday in the conference room of the library.
- The Palmer Park Mall will have special holiday hours from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Bon-Ton will open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. while Boscov's will open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Most supermarkets, like the Giant and Weis Markets, will be open along with numerous retail outlets like CVS and Walgreens in Forks Township and fast-food businesses in Palmer and Forks townships.
- Forks Township government offices.
- Palmer Township government offices.
- Trash and recycling pickup will be on a holiday schedule, meaning that pickup will be a day later if on the holiday; otherwise on a regular schedule.
- The Palmer Township Library.
- The Easton Area School District is closed. Schools resume Tuesday.
- Most banks.
- Ace Hardware in Forks Township will be open, but its post office will be closed.
- Northampton County offices.
- The District Justice court of Judge Jacqueline Taschner.
- The PennDOT Photo License Center on Route 248.