.

Forklift Fire in Forks Township

The Forks Township Fire Department handles a fire at a business off Conroy Place Monday night.

The Forks Township Fire Department contained a forklift fire at a business on Conroy Place Monday night.

No one was injured, fire officials said.

Deputy Fire Chief Bryan Weis said the fire call came in at 5:17 p.m. as Forks responded along with Palmer Township's rapid intervention unit and Tatamy's rescue team.

Weis said a worker at Daniels Sharpsmart at 925 Conroy Place had started operating a forklift when its fuel line caught fire after a few minutes.

"There was a malfunction in the unit," Weis said. "Not a lot goes wrong with those."

He said about eight workers were in the building at the time.

Forks fire officials shut off the access road to the company near Uhler Road until the fire was contained.

Daniels Sharpsmart was one of the first companies in the world to supply reusable sharps containers and its Sharpsmart system is now the world's most widely used reusable system.

The Sharpsmart system was launched in 1999 and is now used in thousands of healthcare facilities in the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, according to the company's website.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »