If you want to go shopping, get suntan lotion for the pool or grab some grub for a barbecue, some places in Forks and Palmer townships will be open on Monday for the Labor Day holiday.
But if you want to mail a letter, cash a check or take out the trash, you're going to have to wait a day until Tuesday.
Monday's Labor Day holiday sees summer unofficially ending as the Lehigh Valley tires to soak up the sun one last time.
- The Palmer Community Pool will be open with hours from 12:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., weather permitting. The Stones Crossing Pool in Palmer will also be open.
- The Palmer Park Mall will have special holiday hours from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. while hours for department stories like Boscov's and Bon-Ton may vary.
- Most supermarkets, like Giant and Weis will be open along with numerous retail outlets like and in Forks Township and fast-food businesses in Palmer and Forks townships.
Here's a list of some places that are closed:
- Palmer Township government offices.
- Forks Township government offices.
- Trash and recycling pickup will be on a holiday schedule, meaning that pickup will be a day later if on the holiday; otherwise on a regular schedule.
- Most banks.
- Ace Hardware in Forks Township will be open, but its post office will be closed.
- Northampton County offices.
- The offices of District Judge Jacqueline Taschner.
- The PennDOT Photo License Center on Route 248.