The recently formed Peanut Butter ProJeCt is announcing a September food drive in Forks Township for the downtown Easton Interfaith Food Pantry, which is administered by ProJeCt of Easton.
The drive is co-sponsored by the Forks Kiwanis and Merchants Bank.
Residents can bring donated peanut butter (any kind, any size), jelly (plastic jars only), juice (non-refrigerated type), pancake syrup (regular and sugar free) and coffee to several locations during a special food drive for September:
- Merchants Bank, 1250 Braden Blvd., Forks Township, daily, during lobby hours.
- Forks Municipal Building, 1601 Sullivan Trail, Forks, 8 am – 4:30 pm, weekdays.
- Forks Community Center, 500 Zucksville Road, open daily.
- Sept. 15 and 16, Forks Community Days, Peanut Butter Tent, throughout the event.
The Peanut Butter ProJeCt was formed in response to a growing need for donations to the Food Pantry and a greater awareness of the challenge of providing food to over 500 families who currently need the assistance.
"Our local food banks continue to struggle to provide food to a growing number of families." said Nancy Walters, a Forks Township resident and the founder of the Peanut Butter ProJect.
"Our first effort was to provide peanut butter, which is a great source of protein, and can be used at any meal. Now we are expanding the peanut butter drive to include a few other food items that are needed at the Food Pantry," she said. "By sponsoring this drive in September, we hope to raise awareness of the serious stress on families in our communities, and find a way to remind everyone to 'share so all can eat.' We are grateful to Merchants Bank, Forks Kiwanis and the Township of Forks who have all joined in this effort."
Food can also be brought to:
- Interfaith Food Pantry, Rear of St. John’s Lutheran Church, 330 Ferry St., Easton, 8:30 am – Noon and 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm, weekdays, administered by ProJeCt of Easton, 330 Ferry St., Easton, www.projecteaston.org
- Arndt’s Lutheran Church, 1851 Arndt Road, Forks Township, 9 am – Noon, weekdays, and until 3 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Palmer Moravian Church, 2901 John Street, weekdays, 9 am – 3 pm
For more information about the Peanut Butter ProJect, contact Nancy Walters at email@example.com or at 610.253.0726.