There's no need to state the obvious, but it's hot. And with summer in full swing, Patch has come up with five local and low-cost ideas to keep cool during the summer heat.
1. Rita’s Italian Ice, 1512 Sullivan Trail, Forks Township. With more flavors and combinations than one could even dream up, Rita’s is the perfect place to quench a need to cool off.
2. Palmer Township Community Pool, 100 Green Pond Road. When only a cool dip in the water will do.
3. Two T’s Miniature Golf on Sullivan Trail, Forks. With a miniature waterfall and ice-cream log cabin, patrons can get in a bit of exercise while keeping cool.
4. Read Green Books in Palmer Park Mall. Get cooled off while reading a good book.
5. Penn Pump Park at Northwood Avenue and Bushkill Drive in Palmer. Dip your feet into the water or kick back under the shade.